[uf-discuss] Size considerations

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:17:44 PDT 2006

Added to the wiki: http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Class_semantics

Q. How will microformat class names impact page size?

A. You probably won't notice any impact on page size when authoring
with microformats. Our experience is that people use comparably sized
class names, and semantic class names are now considered an industry
best practice. Some sites are successfully publishing millions of
microformats, and we haven't heard any complaints yet. You are more
likely to gain space savings by more fully adopting the principles of
microformats [TODO: Add link to microformats principles.], and
eliminating tables for layout. [TODO: Consider creating a new section
for web authoring tips? Or at least linking to another site that
advocates good authorship. ]