[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:11:45 PDT 2006

> >I'm not sure this helps.
>
> I'm sure it does.

heh

> >This essentially washes out the picture of two types of users.
>
> Perhaps; though it chiefly avoids the useless labelling of them. Or do
> you have evidence that "veteran experts" never look for new things, or
> "bleeding edge adapters" never fulfil obligations for above?
>
> For that matter, do you have evidence that "veteran experts" cannot also
> be "bleeding edge adapters"?

No need.  No such claims were made.

> >My approach to this is to identify differences, although subtle,
> >between users in order to better understand what kinds of resources
> >would be most helpful.
>
> Then don't lump them together under stereotypical headings.

Huh? This doesn't make any sense.

> >I'm a little confused about what you are suggesting.
>
> I'm suggesting that there's no need for ageist (or any other form of
> unfounded-, and discriminatory-) stereotyping.

Now I'm more confused.  No one claimed for such a need.

> >Can you elaborate?
>
> See my reply to the same post, by Justin Thorp, to which you were
> replying.

There was no content in that post.

> >My current thoughts are that you meant either to say that
> >there is only one type of new user, or that the list proffered is
> >useless.
>
> Of the two, the latter is closer to the mark, but not very.

Then try building consensus or synthesizing new ideas.  Otherwise this
is a tremendous waste of time.  What actions should we take from your
"suggestion?"  If we are ageist as you claim, then we desparately need
your help and guidance, not just accusations.