[uf-discuss] Size considerations

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 17:09:42 PDT 2006

In message <mCFDJ5aE2rNFFwyc at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
<andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes

>In message <hS0CdtYBUrNFFwyM at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
><andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes
>
>>>Added to the wiki: http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Class_semantics
>>>
>>>Q. How will microformat class names impact page size?
>>
>>I added supplementary, and factual, answer, but it's been summarily and
>>immediately reverted by Tantek.
>
>And falsely described by him, according to the IRC logs, as an
>"unsubstantiated hypothetical and inaccurate answer".
>
>His tone is, once again, objectionable - or am I supposed to believe
>that it's just "word play"?

I restored my answer, together with evidence. Tantek has once again
removed it, saying, on IRC, that it was:

        reverted due to suboptimal use of microformats - bad example

which is odd, since when I first created that mark-up, I asked here, on
this mailing list, for comments and was told that it was fine.

Again, his tone is objectionable. I note that the discussion has now
degenerated into a number of false accusations.

Further to other comments, my example does use tables - but for tabular
data, not layout. Since when were data tables deprecated?

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>