[uf-discuss] Microformats vs. CalDAV?

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Thu Oct 19 20:47:09 PDT 2006

> I was just emailing with someone who's company offers software as a
service
> and I was encouraging him to adopt Microformats including hCard and
> hCalendar. His response to me was:
>
>    "The good news is Apple in on our board, which means CalDAV would be
the
> standard we'd employ."
>    CalDEV: http://ietf.osafoundation.org/caldav/

I'll have to have a closer look at this when I have more time....

I'm wondering if there is anything coming in future client software that
might make it possible for a user to easily choose a city/country for their
event.

Currently any methods of specifying a city in iCal clients that I have seen
or thought of seem to be a dodgy workarounds involving custom categories or
seperate calendars.

Forcing people to maintain a seperate calendar for each city is not
desirable ... most users probably wouldn't bother.
For generating event listings by city from multiple calenders it NEEDS to
know what city/area each event is in!