[uf-discuss] hResume - Marking up experience and "present" date

Jeremy Boggs jeremyboggs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 09:30:49 PDT 2006

>  Others have commented on the different scenarios for dtend, but i
> noticed that in your hCard you don't have an FN, which is required.
> This can be fixed with the Include pattern, but i was wondering if
> you had your resume online so we could test out different
> possibilities? and validate the microformats.

Thanks Brian! This is very generous of you. I've put up an unstyled
version of what I have completed so far :

http://clioweb.org/cv.php

And I did include FN in other sections of my resume, but not in the
example I sent to the list.

One thing I am uncertain about, is whether I should put FN in with
the ORG, or if that should be separate, and for my name. My updated
example would read:

	<dl class="experience vevent">
and New Media</a></dt>
		<dd class="description">
2005</abbr>-<abbr title="<?php echo date('Ymd'); ?>">present</abbr></p>
		</dd>
	</dl>

As you can see, I've put URL, ORG, and FN in the same element. This
actually doesn't seem logical, now that I think about it. Is this
correct, or no?

You'll also probably note that I'm using PHP to echo the current date
for the DTEND for "present." This is what I initially started doing,
before I sent my initial inquiry to the list.

And there are a number of things that I haven't added yet, and things
that are on here that I haven't marked up with microformats
(specifically, my publications with citation microformat)

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can offer.

Best,
Jeremy