[uf-discuss] one of the big questions

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Oct 22 05:15:45 PDT 2006

On IRC recently, in
<http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats-IRC/2006-10-22#T000157> Tantek wrote:

>one of the big question (sic) for species in my mind is what should
>the microformats approach be in general to the publishing and sharing
>of scientific knowledge?

and, shortly afterwards, in
<http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats-IRC/2006-10-22#T000638> he wrote:

>we should be at least a bit cautious with the solution of the
>representation of species so that it doesn't back us into a corner
>with regards the rest of scientific knowledge

I'm not clear how the latter might happen; how would the current
"species" proposal prevent, say, a "chemical-formula" uF? What other uFs
might it affect, negatively?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or the "big question"?

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>