[uf-discuss] hCard URL for page being visited

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 05:17:40 PDT 2006

On 10/21/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> It seems to me that there should be some way to say that the URL of an
> hCard or hCalendar event is the URL of the page itself, without having
> to include a redundant, and accessibility-damaging link to that page, on
> the page itself.
>
> Or has anyone already devised a way to do this?

--- The simplest way to get around this is to just not make the text a link.
is the same as:

This doesn't make any self-referencial links and allows for the data
to be extracted at the same time.

> The URL of the visited page can be available, in a Dublin Core metadata
> header, thus:

> or could be auto-discovered by a parsing agent.

--- the problem with using Meta elements is that they are out-side of
human-readable realm. One of the key factors in microformats is to
keep the data visible, it keeps it fresh, prevents   many of the
abuses that have befallen meta-keywords, and also allows for
microformats to be fully emebedded in other formats like Atom, RSS,
etc.

-brian

--
brian suda