[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 01:41:58 PDT 2006

>> Search engines make use of shingles to identify pages and their aliases.

What's a "shingle?"

>> As far as I can tell, this isn't in the same class of problems that
microformats solve.

Is there a clear and definitive objective statement that explains the class
of problems that microformats are intended to solve?  Further, if there is
such a statement, is there a reason to limit Microformats to only be used to
solve that class of problems when they otherwise can solve additional
problems?

>> This probably best resolved by agreeing what we mean by metadata,

Because of "judicious editing" required by forum policy, I've lost the prior
of the discussion so I'm not sure the context in which I mentioned
"metadata."

-Mike