[uf-discuss] how do i submit something for consideration?

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:33:35 PDT 2006

Hi Jonathan,

On 10/26/06, Jonathan Vanasco <microformats at 2xlp.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've recently soft-launched a distributed identity webapp that I've
> split out of another project, and released several aspects of that
> application as open standards ( Creative Commons Attribution-No
> Derivative Works 2.5 License )
>
> I don't know how / where to submit it for potential consideration as
> a microformat , or even if they qualify ( one supports human
> readable , but is geared to be machine readable ; the other is more
> of an interchange format , but works well as semantic markup ) - so I
> came here.

Microformats aren't realky "submitted" exactly.  Before a microformat
is established, there is a process of research and discussion.  If you
take a look on the wiki in the FAQ you'll be able to read a bit more
about what needs to happen [1].

That'd probably be the best bet for you, as a starting point.

:)

[1]http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Q._I_would_like_to_author_a_new_microformats_open_standards_specification_for_my_site.2Fbusiness.__How_do_I_get_started.3F
--
Frances Berriman