[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 17:10:28 PDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 00:58, Colin Barrett wrote:

>> @ represents an attribute, so @rel=tag means @rel tag with the
>> value ‘tag’. The most advanced I've seen it get in general
>> discussion is of the form foo[@bar=sheep], which means ‘element
>> named foo with an attribute bar with value ‘sheep’.
>
> Technically, in CSS, that would be written as foo[bar=sheep]. :P

Indeed, although in XPath foo[@bar=sheep] is correct. Actually, you
raise a good example since CSS allows you to say foo[bar~=sheep],
(note the tilda), which is correct for matching the substring
contents of string separated list attributes like class and rel.

I will be happy to chip in on documenting this in the Wiki, but my
todo list is really busy so I might not get round to writing
something of any quality for too long. If someone else is able to
start it I'll try and chip in.

Ben