[uf-discuss] Semanticizin': Significance of order in argument lists

Dimitri Glazkov dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 09:00:55 PDT 2006

This is something I just now realized, and while all excited, I
thought I'd send to the list:

When using HTML lists (ul/ol) for representing operand argument lists,
it appears very logical to identify the distinction between "ordered"
and "unordered" as that of "and" and "or", respectively.

In other words,

<ol>
<li>this</li>
<li>that</li>
</ol>

Can mean "this and that". While,

<ul>
<li>this</li>
<li>that</li>
</ul>

infers "this or that". I am sure somebody has thought of this before,
but I haven't. Don't you think it's beautiful?

:DG<