[uf-discuss] Primary among alternates Re: WAS: Visible Data

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:19:39 PDT 2006

Hello,

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

If that's the problem, then I'd suggest that this would be better
solved with non-Microformat Semantic HTML.

Specifically....

The HTML <link> elelemt could be used with rel-alternate to mark the
alternate versions.

And the HTML <link> element could be used with rel-bookmark to mark
the preferred URI.

So, for example...

<link rel="bookmark" type="text/html"
href="http://www.foo.com/toyota/4runner/1999/" />

<link rel="alternate" type="text/html"
href="http://www.foo.com/toyota/1999/4runner/" />
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html"
href="http://www.foo.com/1999/toyota/4runner/" />

(You probably would NOT want to include the <link> to the URI that you
are actually on though.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.