[uf-discuss] [chat] Microformats are not for data storage

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 06:33:31 PST 2006

> Currently, I can't name a single IM client that uses semanticful HTML
> for logging. In fact, there's been a trend *away* from HTML lately.
> Microformats are supposed to represent what exists in the wild, no?
> Whatever the validity of Chris's points about redundancy or future
> directions, isn't the idea that uFs are supposed to represent what's
> in the wild overriding?
Yes, hence why I said "It may not be part of 80% or initial-draft use
cases, but if it starts happening, I'll be all for it."

I'm not saying that we as a community should design microformats
specifically for the purpose of data storage.  I'm saying we shouldn't
stand against their eventual propogation into that arena, becase they
could be useful there too.

--
- Stephen Paul Weber, Amateur Writer
<http://www.awriterz.org>