[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 00:54:47 PST 2006

On 10/30/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <81347D8F-5AB9-4B27-9528-8AABD8D905E3 at technorati.com>, Ryan
> King <ryan at technorati.com> writes
>
> >On Oct 24, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> >
> >>         Why not create a new mailing list for each proposal, once it's
> >>         reached a certain stage?
> >
> >Because that's more administrative overhead for admin's who're  already
> >overloaded.

I agree.  Creating a list for each proposal seems unmanageable and
would result in a lot of dead lists eventually.

Personally, I quite like watching the general chatter about various
proposals - rather than having to subscribe to each individual one.

If people want to filter things out, or draw particular attention to a
thread being related to a specific proposal, using the [hCard]
notation (for example) works quite well in the subject field.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com