[uf-discuss] hResume check

Pat Ramsey ramsey.pat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 21:38:07 PST 2006

Hrmm...

Looking over Brian's Microformats cheat sheet, these are the possible
"types" used to differentiate the class "phone":

home,work,pref,fax,cell,pager

This seems to correspond with the VCard specification for telephone type:
http://www.imc.org/pdi/vcard-21.txt
==================================
Indicates preferred number
PREF
Indicates a work number
WORK
Indicates a home number
HOME
Indicates a voice number (Default)
VOICE
Indicates a facsimile number
FAX
Indicates a messaging service on the number
MSG
Indicates a cellular number
CELL
Indicates a pager number
PAGER
Indicates a bulletin board service number
BBS
Indicates a MODEM number
MODEM
Indicates a car-phone number
CAR
Indicates an ISDN number
ISDN
Indicates a video-phone number
VIDEO
==================================

I think you're right. Come to think of it, I'm hearing more use of
"mobile phone" than I used to. Certainly the W3C is using the term
mobile when talking about  CSS for mobile wireless devices.
http://www.w3.org/TR/css-mobile

Given hCard's relationship with VCard, I see why it's so. I would be
uneasy about making a change in the 1-to-1 translation.

Pat

--
Pat Ramsey
ramsey.pat at gmail.com