[uf-discuss] UW events calendar, feedback please

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 18:25:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

I shall keep this short ;) The co-op student I had working for me this
summer was tasked with the job to create an events calendar for the
University of Waterloo to replace WebEvent. He chose to work with Ruby
on Rails (great excuse for me to have a go at it as well) and off we
went. I am pretty happy with it:

http://calendar.uwevents.uwaterloo.ca/

You might want to look at the entire month of September as there are a
few more events to look at:

http://calendar.uwevents.uwaterloo.ca/calendar/2006/9

The site displays the events with hCal and there are streams available
that also have hCal in them. But this is really my first app with this
much microformat so I am wondering a couple things:

- have we used hCal properly?
- is there anything else we could do with hCal?

Looking forward to your feedback...

Jesse