[uf-discuss] UW events calendar, feedback please

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 19:49:30 PDT 2006

> It appears that there are empty values in some places and that certain
> required data is missing.

New Co-op starts on Tuesday, he has a few bugs to try and track down.
I didn't notice this one though, thanks...

> Anyway, it'd be awesome if you open sourced this software...! This is
> totally something that would be of great value to the community.

That is the plan. We built a simple little authetication app called
Kiwi as well. If you tried to submit you would have ran into it... Not
sure what to do with that part of it but I imagine it would work for
most higher ed's LDAP authetication.

> Additionally, you might find some use with this:
>
> http://blog.labnotes.org/2006/08/06/microformat-ruby-parser/

That is cool. Anything mentioned in August was missed by me on account
of 60% body coverage of poison ivy... I am sticking with that excuse
:p

> Perhaps you could also suck in hcalendar data from remote sources like
> Upcoming or Eventful?

That is a good idea. thanks.

Jesse