[uf-discuss] Re: Profile-examples

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:43:53 PDT 2006

Brian's suggestion is a good one, user-profiles.

Chris, consider solving the specific problem (principle #1) of user-profiles
rather than expanding it to include groups.

In addition, I very much recommend figuring out ways to just stick with
hCard to represent aspects of the profile, rather than developing a new
format.

Experience has shown that previous attempts at creating "user profile"
formats grow a bit out of control which doesn't benefit anyone (publisher,
developer, consumer, user) etc.

Tantek