[uf-discuss] Correct geo code??

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 05:18:26 PDT 2006

Incidentally, from the geo spec - to cases where you should really not
use geo alone:

"If the publisher knows and is publishing the name of the location in
addition to its geo lat/long, then the publisher MUST use hCard
instead of just geo to publish the name and geo lat/long of the
location.

If the publisher knows and is publishing the address of the location,
OR if the address of the location was what was actually entered by a
human, and the publisher simply turned that into lat/long using some
sort of a service, then the publisher SHOULD use adr to publish the
actual human entered address information since that communicates far
more semantic information than a simple geo lat/long coordinate."

--
Frances Berriman
http://www.fberriman.com