[uf-discuss] hAtom editor?

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 13:33:51 PDT 2006

On 9/9/06, Benjamin West <bewest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lucas,
>
> Great idea!

:)

>  What would this look like? Is this a wysiwyg editor for
> blog posts that produces hatom?  Would you expect tools to help you
> re-organize the content you're composing?  Or is this just a quick
> thing to help template builders figure out how to mark things up?

The thing I imagine is about the same as the other h* editors.
There's a single-page app somewhere that lets you compose a blog
entry, then copy and paste the (hAtom) source to our own blog.  The
benefit is that every blog tool in creation doesn't have to be
retrofitted with an hAtom editor.  You don't even have to have hAtom
CSS if you don't want it.

An example of the value of this --

My blog is a brutally barebones Blosxom setup.  I edit posts via Emacs
in a shell window, and I have found that copying and pasting from the
hReview, hCard and xfn editors is a route to get a GUI editor tool
into my workflow.

> I'm imagining lots of things here.  (Like a wysiwyg hyperscope editor
> that produces hAtom).  I have a php script that parses some free text
> and (almost) produces hAtom (the format is a parseable date, a tag,
> and then text up till the next parseable date in a text file) that I
> use to contantly take notes in vim and produce a private hatom feed.

Cool.  Sounds good to me.

-Lucas