[uf-discuss] Re: Flock + Microformats

Ian McKellar ian at mckellar.org
Thu Sep 14 17:30:21 PDT 2006

Bah! Lucene is basically a red herring. We need some way of storing
searchable semantic data though.

It doesn't make any sense to me (nobody technical has ever tried to
convince me otherwise) to store my data inside my application in
html+css. We'd like to consume and produce microformats when it make
sense, but internal representation is a completely different issue.

Ian

On 9/12/06, Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where it really gets interesting is in adding mF detection to Lucene.
>
> I'm pushing them to store people and relationships in hcard and xfn,
> but so far they've rolled their own RDF.
>
> Grrrrrr!
>
> Chris
>
> On 9/12/06, Farndon, Tony <tony.farndon at forestry.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:
> > damn forgot, will release under the GPL (and if you want to throw a 17"
> > mac book pro my way as a thank you please do so......)
> >
> > Double damn, just realised I referred to flock as your employees not ers
> > in my original post!
> >
> > Good luck, it really isn't too much work for them to incorporate
> > microformats IMHO
> >

> > Tony Farndon

Ian McKellar <http://ian.mckellar.org/>
ianloic on [flickr | aim | yahoo | skype]
ian at mckellar.org on [email | jabber | msn]