[uf-discuss] Social Media Group?

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 19:08:32 PDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
> Lucas, do you have any specific proposals for improvement or is just
> wikis in general you don't like?  I think everyone here wants to make
> this community more conducive to participation, so if you can explain
> what exactly makes you so hesitant to participate, we might be able
> to improve it.

It's not about wikis as a tool, it's about this bizarre and ridiculous
idea that using microformats.org is a requirement.    Work should
happen wherever it is convenient and productive, just like with open
source work, Linux work, web work, IETF work, scientific research, etc
ad infinitum.

If you want to have a centralized site, be an aggregator or a source
of useful resources that will attract developers.  There is no point
at all in treating work on other web sites as less valid.