[uf-discuss] Two include-pattern questions

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Fri Sep 15 07:47:37 PDT 2006

On 15/9/2006, "David Janes" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:

>I'm working on an implementation in Python and I have a couple of
>questions that affect the complexity of the implementation.
>
>(1)
>Should all microformat parsers be looking for class="include" in any
>(non-rel) microformat, or is it a universal option that will always be
>there?

I can speak to 'should' or 'all', but in hKit (PHP) I only consider
class="include" inside of the microformat I'm currently parsing.
AFAIK it's a pattern for use with microformats, not an elemental
microformat itself.

>(2)
>Are multiple levels of including allowed, or rather since it's not
>forbidden, _should_ it be allowed?

Again, only speaking to what I'm doing, but I only allow a single level
of inclusion to prevent autoposterior ascension.

drew.