[uf-discuss] AUMFP and hResume

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon Sep 18 10:09:57 PDT 2006

from the discussion at [http://
blogmatrix.blogmatrix.com/:entry:blogmatrix-2006-09-16-0000/
#p2006-09-17-0003], Steve Ganz says:

> One of the things I suggested as a solution to the "<address> as
> root for the hCard problem" was that if an hCard simply contained
> the <address> element, that in itself would distinguish it as the
> author's hCard.
>
> This would allow an author to explicitly markup their preferred
> contact information within that particular hCard. Some might choose
> to mark up the email block, others might use it to markup their
> phone number, and still others might choose their steet-address, etc.

I'm not sure I like the idea of parsing hCards based on their
contents. It would seem cleaner design to put whatever indicator we
use on the containing element.

I"m responding to this in particular because the idea of "preferred
contact information" sounded familiar. There's already a vCard type
(For TEL (sect. 3.3.1), EMAIL (sect. 3.3.2) and ADR (sect. 3.2.1)
called PREF, which is used to mark the preferred item for each of those.

So, I don't think using the <address> element would be worthwhile for
this.

-ryan