[uf-discuss] An attempt at a lint tool for XFN, rel-tag etc

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Tue Sep 19 04:42:01 PDT 2006

I've made an attempt at hacking together a lightweight tool for checking
usage of some of the @rel based microformats.

Using the bookmarklet pattern (it's a link you save to your bookmarks
bar and then click on a page to run the tool), I'm checking applied XFN
values against a known list as well as exposing tag values for rel-tag
links.

http://tools.microformatic.com/help/xhtml/rel-lint/

I'm aware there's still lots to be done. At the moment common non-XFN
values like 'bookmark' can sometimes get flagged as suspicious, and
other such finer details need work. But in the spirit of release early,
release often that has served me well so far, I'm putting it out there
for feedback.

If you'd like to see it in action, try running it on
http://allinthehead.com/ where there are a couple of XFN typos (oops!).

drew.