[uf-discuss] i-names and hcard

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Tue Sep 19 13:49:04 PDT 2006

No, you can take that as meaning
'http redirects are easy to set up and XRI is an over-complex mess'

Please read section 5 of it in full before replying here:

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html#iddiv1142306584

Having the xri http server be a host for your hCard 302 redirect  is
vaguely OK, but XRIs are a bad way to do it.

There are plenty of existing redirection services. I use xrl.us myslef,
but have a look at the list here:

http://notlong.com/links/