[uf-discuss] a very early draft proposal hTagcloud

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Sep 20 06:36:11 PDT 2006

Hi John,

In my mind, the question is if there wasn't an IE issue, how would we
do it? Given that observation, I then see these three points:

- the IE issue will be marginal in 24 months (I hope) because of IE 7
- uFs are mostly about standardized _semantics_ rather than providing
standardized _presenation_
- rel-tag + rating from hReview covers what we want to do
semantically; i.e. reuses existing practices

Therefore, I would suggest that hTagcloud say that: "presentation is
orthogonal to what we're trying to do -- provide semantic markup of
tag clouds. Tag cloud implementers should come up with their own best
way of handling the presentaion -- in fact, they probably already
have! As a bonus, as soon as MS gets its act together you'll be able
to do the presentation directly off the semantics, but we're not there
yet".

Regards, etc...
David