[uf-discuss] 'currency' microformat straw-man proposal.

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:59:07 PDT 2006

Hello,

On 9/21/06, Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For example, with ISO 4127, "Canadian Dollars" has the code "CAD".
> >
> > However, I have also seen the code "CDN" used for "Canadian Dollars".
>
> I don't believe 'CDN' is from a standard... it's a common misnomer

I agree that no organization like ISO or ANSI created a specification
for that code.

But that does NOT prevent from being a standard.  (Think "defacto standard".)

You do NOT need the blessing of any organization to get a standard.
You just need enough people (within a group) using it.

"CDN" is used by ALOT of people.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.