[uf-discuss] 'currency' microformat straw-man proposal.

Guillaume Lebleu gl at brixlogic.com
Thu Sep 21 16:02:06 PDT 2006

A little detail. Shoulnd't it be:

<abbr class="currency" title="Canadian dollar">C$</abbr>

?

CAD being itself an abbreviation.

BTW, I think in this context "currency" as a class name makes sense.

I proposed earlier having a "currencyamount" class name that would
contain a value (expressed as text or numerical) and and optionally a
currency (optional b/c if we imagine a table of 1000s or rows containing
currency amounts, we may not want to have the currency symbol/code next
to each entry, but only in the <th>).

title="Euro">&euro;</abbr></span>.

Guillaume