[uf-discuss] 'currency' microformat straw-man proposal.

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 11:31:15 PDT 2006

Hello Andy,

On 9/21/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message
> <84ce626f0609211353h41d5a569se8d80a3c42b16085 at mail.gmail.com>, Charles
> Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> writes

> >> What currency code uses "CDN" for Canadian dollars - or we going to have
> >> people inventing their own currency codes, too?
> >
> >Well... I use "CDN".  (I'm Canadian BTW.)  Until I read the ISO 4127
> >spec, I don't think I've noticed "CAD" being used.  But I've seen
> >"CDN" all over the place.
> >
> >Even at the currency exchage stores (that I've been to) I believe they
> >use "CDN".
> >
> >It's a defacto standard.  (Just because ISO doesn't give "CDN" its
> >blessing and tells people to use "CAD" doesn't mean people will.)
>
> I'm not disputing that it's used; you've said "...other currency codes
> (besides ISO 4127) could be used..."; and I'm asking what currency code
> uses CDN. Seems you can't name one.

I think I understand you question now.

The answer is that I do NOT think this is any body like ISO or ANSI
that has "CDN" as a currency code.

It is only a defacto standard used by Canadians.  (And maybe others...
but I don't have enough info to confirm or deny that.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

    charles @ reptile.ca