[uf-discuss] question about currency amounts in tables

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Sep 22 11:43:59 PDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Guillaume Lebleu wrote:

> Should the currency amount mF proposal include support for
> representation of currency-qualified values in a table format?
>
> If so, take a look at: http://investor.google.com/fin_data.html
>
> As you can see, it would not make sense to have the currency
> repeated for each piece of data. Instead, it should be provided
> once at the table level, and then a td may override the default value.
>
> What do you think?

See the include pattern:

<http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern>

And the table columns discussion from hCalendar:

<http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-
brainstorming#Tabular_event_calendars>

I think those two are sufficient to address this problem, provided
we're treating currency codes as content and not hiding them in
attributes.

Peace,
Scott