[uf-discuss] Proposal: species

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Sep 22 12:41:49 PDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

>> On Sep 21, 2006, at 5:25 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
>>> Shall I take everyone's silence as complete agreement? ;-)
>>
>> No. :-P
>
> So, are you going to tell us which bit(s) you disagree with, or is
> it a
> secret?

Neither.  It's something we haven't all had the time to look at yet.
If you get bored waiting, you could fill in a species-formats page,
which comes before brainstorming in the process.  I don't know much
about biology (like Sam Cooke), but a quick Google search brought up
this:

<http://www.uni-kl.de/FB-Biologie/AG-Hakenbeck/TGrebe/HPK/Table1.htm>

So I assume there's more prior work in this area.  And if there's
not, we should document the lack as well.

Peace,
Scott