[uf-discuss] Proposal: species

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Sep 22 14:18:05 PDT 2006

In message <CB2D57BE-C32C-4E11-B683-BADC16EDF2CE at randomchaos.com>, Scott
Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes

>Andy, if you're eager to move these discussions forward more quickly,
>you might find it helpful to move some of them to the IRC channel,
>where three emails in a day can be reduced to three messages in a
>minute:
>
><http://microformats.org/wiki/irc>

Thank you, but I very rarely use IRC for a number of reasons.

Also, is it sensible to divide debate between at least three media -
mailing list, wiki and IRC?

>It would also be good to bring more interested people into the
>discussions, e.g. more people who work in finance for currency, more
>people who work in bioscience for species.

Indeed. In don't know anyone in finance (I have some standards! ;-) );
and I have had some interest from people interested in taxonomy, but
they're not likely to get involved in what they see as a "geeky" debate.
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>