[uf-discuss] Proposal: species

Gazza gazza at garyjones.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 00:43:41 PDT 2006

Andy Mabbett mumbled the following on 23/09/2006 23:25:
> In message <UVk$cNAipaFFFwEU at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
> <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes
>
>> To which can be added

<snip>

This is some good research Andy, and I hope they've been added to the
examples page. Next would be too look at the specifics of how, if at
all, genus/species are marked up and how they are shown visibly, for a
page on each site that you mentioned.

If indeed it seems, say, that genus and species is mentioned, but class
isn't, then it would be clear that perhaps the latter would be an edge
case in terms of uF. It may be that some sites use an existing common
markup schema, or it might be that nothing exists. Add your findings to
the format page and then draw some conclusions.

To clarify, I do think that having a species-type uF would be a good
idea, if it fits into the requirements of a creating a uF. The problem
before was how you were going about it; asking what people thought of
the idea before you'd collected the supporting evidence.

--
Regards,
Gazza