[uf-discuss] Proposal: species

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Sep 24 10:08:47 PDT 2006

In message <4E34BB54-0689-4448-BC6D-1A6F066A96DD at lava.net>, Colin
Barrett <timber at lava.net> writes

>>> I think questions like those will help your case -- sending dozens of
>>> links to this list will not.
>>
>> Then you'd better ask TC why he asked for them.
>
>I don't think he was asking for them to be posted to the list, but to
>be put on the examples page.

Immediately after citing, on this mailing, list an example relating to
Geo, he said@:

        Andy, one thing that might help for the species discussion is if
        you could cite URLs to a site or sites with millions (or even
        thousands) of clearly obvious uses of "species" terminology (not
        just offhanded references like "human being" or "plant") on
        pages.

>I hope you're not coming away with the  impression that people are
>attacking your idea or trying to shoot it  down -- we're just trying to
>understand the "who, what, where, why,  when, how" of this proposal --
>not all of us are experts in Taxonomy  -- evidenced earlier in this
>email :).

You and others maybe, but some certainly are "attacking and shooting
down", or at least trying to - and being disingenuous, if not dishonest,
in doing so.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>