[uf-discuss] Criticism of Microformats

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Sep 24 14:05:08 PDT 2006

In message <C13C306A.7BB10%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>On 9/24/06 12:01 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> It seemed to me that a page linking to (non-hysterical) criticism of
>> Microformats might be useful, so I created one:
>>
>>       <ttp://microformats.org/wiki/criticism>
>
>This is certainly a reasonable approach, to openly confront criticisms and
>thus dispose of them.

You seem to discount the possibility of recognising, accepting and
addressing them.

>  So far we have been using the FAQ as a general place
>to clarify/answer general criticisms/issues.

If people are discussing microformats elsewhere, then they're not
necessarily going to see the FAQ (at least not unless somebody goes to
that place and pints them at it)

>> as always, please feel free to add to and develop it (even if it is "my
>> idea, my proposal and my research"!)
>
>Andy, regarding that in particular, clearly you've been quite prolific in
>your contributions to the microformats wiki and you are to be commended and
>recognized for your contributions (as should anyone who makes such
>substantial contributions to wiki pages).
>
>If you'd like, I encourage you to add a "Contributors" section to the pages
>you've created and list your name.

Thank you; I wasn't seeking self-glorification, merely quoting something
said elsewhere in this list. Perhaps we need a microformat to identify
irony ;-)
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>