[uf-discuss] Dated currency examples?

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 24 14:37:59 PDT 2006

On 9/24/06 2:13 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> Who will be dissuaded, by the inclusion of an *optional* component?

Because if it is unnecessary for the 80/20, we leave it out.  Otherwise
there is a ballooning of optional components.

In terms of date, I suggest you look to the context of the document itself
(or perhaps surrounding blog post) for date time information.  E.g. consider
marking up a context with hAtom inside which the currency would be implied
to be "current" according to the "published" datetime.  I would assert this
covers far more than the 80/20 case but more like the 99+% case (ecommerce
sites etc.).

Thanks,

Tantek