[uf-discuss] A bug in the Technorati's events exporting tool

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 05:44:39 PDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Yoan BLANC <greut.lists at dosimple.ch> wrote:
> Do you prefer if I send a Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
> It's much a matter of your tool. Technorati deals with this page
> correctly (except with the dates) so why x2v cannot, strange no?

I'll look into this now that i know you want it to be "iso-8859-1".
The technorati service and my site are running the same XSLT. To
actually execute the transform you need something else. In my case, i
am using PHP, i don't know what technorati uses to call the XML and
XSLT.

Since the XSLT can't detect the HTTP Header mimeType that needs to be
passed in from the executing code (in my case PHP, where i have it
wrong).

I won't go too much technical detail on the discuss list, you can
email me off list for a complete explaination and how the W3C defines
the order of where to look for language encodings, etc.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk