[uf-discuss] Wiki editing issues

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Sep 26 14:01:37 PDT 2006

In message <16DE6A8B-5A55-44B0-AF65-01E029E62007 at randomchaos.com>, Scott
Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes

>So I used my back button to flip through my history to where I was  and
>then reload the page with my shiny new logged-in cookie, only to
>discover I'd clicked the wrong [edit] link.  I've done this before
>because some wikis put the link before the section and others put it
>after the section, so I went back and clicked the adjacent link.  It
>turns out there is no link to edit the section.  The edit page is here:
>
><http://microformats.org/wiki?title=naming- principles&action=edit&sec
>tion=15>
>
>The links on the article end at number 14 and don't quite line up to
>the nearby content.  This is issue #2: there should be an edit link
>for every section, near the section.

I've often found the same problem but have never determined the cause -
does it perhaps relate to the location of the TOC?

Also each link says "edit", but the target (and thus action) is
different. This is bad, from an accessibility PoV.

Finally (from me, for now), I've had an e-mail from someone wanting to
comment on the "species" proposal, saying:

        I've just tried creating an account on the microformats site so
        that I can join in with the discussion, but whenever I try to
        sign up, I get a message telling me 'You have not specified a
        valid user name'. I've tried various permutations without any
        luck. Did you have any trouble when signing up?

and, indeed I did - and couldn't figure out why the user name I wanted
to use was not being accepted.
--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>