[uf-discuss] Nice people

Christopher St John ckstjohn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 18:50:33 PDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> Nice people we have round here...

Most of them are. Some of them definitely are not. A thick skin
is very helpful. I'm not one of the cabal who runs the place, but
then again, most of the people on the list aren't either, and I
suspect that in the end, continued solid contribution will trump
the sort of obnoxious, unprofessional, childish crap that sometimes
passes for discourse around here.

I don't know if you've been on any standards committees before,
but the same sort of stuff goes on at the W3C and Oasis, it's just
that the participants tend to be a little more discreet (and/or
a little less publically embarassing to us all)

If it helps, I found the request for "examples of species name use
on the web" (with a snide expectation that it was a rare
sort of thing) very funny. Strange, there seems to be an abundance
of beetles around here, I wonder what to call them?

Keep on truckin'

-cks

--
Christopher St. John