[uf-discuss] Microformats in Form Fields

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Thu Sep 28 04:53:57 PDT 2006

> Lets say you have a personal registration form in your web app, for
> entering contact data which will later be output as an hCard in
> various places.
> What if I was to mark up the form (and fields) with hCard classes?

I've long thought that a form should be marked up as if the data was
non-editable.  This is especially relevant when presenting an object
for editing, because the data is all there in the form.

The problem is that under most uF parsing rules, <input> elements'
@value will not be used to determine their content.  However, a
<textarea> would be parsable as you'd expect.

I haven't read any previous discussion on this topic though so I don't
know what the group consensus is...

-Ciaran