[uf-discuss] copy-and-paste metadata prior art?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 07:37:30 PDT 2006

BlogAssist (http://www.dejal.com/blogassist/) does something
similar... and in fact, I had designed Flock's quotation system to
work this way, using the <blockquote cite=""> tag/attribute combo to
retain the original data's source.

In fact, if you drag content onto Flock's Web Snippets bar (which used
to be called "Shelf"), it'll correctly cite the original URL that you
dragged the content from.

Not exactly copy paste, but I think that this patent definitely ought
be challenged (or else the future of mF is indeed imperiled if Apple
chooses to enforce this -- as it surely will).

Chris