[uf-discuss] Microformat bake-fest

Absalom Media absalom at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 14 02:49:30 PDT 2007

In regards to microformats adoption, the Joomla! open source project is
attempting to deploy microformats for their 1.5 build as part of the
Google Summer of Code initiative:

http://blog.charlvn.za.net/2007/04/soc-proposal.html

I've been doing the codebase work for the 1.0.x build and been hugely
successful. The one thing I still need to figure out is why should I use
 stuff like RDF/eRDF and MicroID, which are not really microformats.
What benefits do they provide alongside microformats ?

Surely a definitive guide as to when people should use MF, RDF, eRDF and
various other Semantic Web tools would be beneficial ? Any ideas where
that sort of resource is?

Thanks

Lawrence

--