[uf-discuss] XFN - Professionals network uF

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Apr 19 11:33:47 PDT 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Guy Fraser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Apologies for cross posting, but wasn't sure which list this was
> being discussed on)
>
> I read on the microformats site that there are plans to develop XFN
> - that's something I'd be extremely interested in as our company
> has numerous clients who would benefit greatly from that. Please
> let me know how I can contribute...

You might be a bit confused. XFN already exists (and has since 2004):
http://gmpg.org/xfn/ .

There has, however, also been discussion about describing more
professional relationships, that XFN doesn't cover*.

-ryan

* XFN *does* cover some professional relationships, anyone interested
in extending it or creating a new microformat should try using those
relationships first.