[uf-discuss] Best practice for the abbr pattern

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 12:03:53 PDT 2007

In message <BC58BFB1-B50D-4759-A341-9DE1A2B103CE at adactio.com>, Jeremy
Keith <jeremy at adactio.com> writes

>title="20070312T170000"
[...]
>can also be written with dashes and colons like  this:
>
>title="2007-03-12T17:00:00"

>Would everyone agree that, for the sake of screen reader users, we
>should update the wiki to strongly encourage this more verbose  version
>of datetimes and strongly discourage the contracted version?

Yes; but I suspect that, from an accessibility PoV, the most we can say
of the latter is that it's the lesser of two evils.

I would also suggest raising the matter on forums used by blind (and
other) people who use text readers - Accessify being one such forum:

        <http://www.accessifyforum.com/>

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>