[uf-discuss] hReview "type" question

Conor O'Neill conor at argolon.com
Mon Apr 30 12:38:44 PDT 2007

I think this is a great question Nora. We're building a review
publisher/aggregator built on hReview and we ended up dropping "type"
from our reviews as it was confusing our beta testers and not really
adding any value to our site.

What is a movie? Most testers did not consider it a product, some
thought it might be an event if they saw it in a movie theatre. Many
even found the difference between product and business confusing. So we
removed type and just have "add address details if you have them" to
cover business-style reviews. We let tags take care of everything else.

I can see the logic of saying if type=business then hCard mandatory and
if type=event then hCalendar mandatory but I'd be interested to hear
about more uses of this limited list.

Conor