[uf-discuss] A 7-day hold on discussing legal/process issues

Rohit Khare khare at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Aug 5 18:56:28 PDT 2007

After Joe Andrieu's most recent edits to the wiki under "Standards,
IP, and Transparency" [1], the admins and I have decided to impose a
7-day cooling-off period on discussions regarding governance and
legal status issues by Mr. Andrieu, for repeatedly disregarding the
community guidelines to discuss legal matters with me before altering
the public wiki or archived mailing list discussions [2].

This action is not taken lightly: all of his recent messages and wiki
edits have been concerned these topics, without any direct
communication to me before or after. Note that while his mailing list
and wiki access will be blocked for one week, if he has substantive
contributions *other* than governance issues, he remains welcome to
contact me to forward them on to the community.

This policy, a standing request to the microformats community to
avoid legal debates on record without contacting me first, has
admittedly been questioned by him and by others. I am drafting a
separate email addressing some of those concerns, as well as Mr.
Andrieu's earlier public note to me [3]. Nonetheless, that is the
current community policy for better or worse, and the volunteer
admins have decided to uphold that with this decision.

-- Rohit Khare

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki?title=governance-
issues&diff=0&oldid=19334
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/
Category:public_domain_license#Point_of_Contact
[3] http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-
July/010318.html