[uf-discuss] micro-summary

Paul Kinlan paul.kinlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:20:07 PDT 2007

Hi,
A little while ago I emailed the group about the micro-summary format,
and the consensus was that there is sufficient meta data description
information available for me to use without having to re-implement the
wheel.

So far I have implemented the meta description parsing, Dublin core
description parsing, hCard parsing and rel-tag parsing on my project
and I am looking for "beta" testers to ping my site so that I can see
the load and see if I can parse more hCards in the wild.

Now to the crux of this email.  I would be very grateful if anyone can
ping the following url when they update their blog:
http://www.topicala.com/ping/[Your url to the blog post] this will
help me test my site - and obviously your information posted via
Microformats will be indexed by another service.

Alternatively, rather than update your ping server list you can place
the following image (img src="http://www.topicala.com/imageRefer/[your
root domain uri]/topicala.png - you can omit your root domain if you
wish) on your site and I can track it from there. If your site uses
the image your posts will appear on http://www.topicala.com/popular/
which displays the results of the uF parsing.

I will be implementing hCard searching and better related tag posos in
the near future.

Implementation wise, I am using the Text::Microformat's perl module
(http://search.cpan.org/~kgrennan/Text-Microformat-0.04/lib/Text/Microformat.pm)
by Kevin Grennan to parse all the relevant information.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, discussion,
suggestions,comments and concerns.  (you can send the comments
directly to me: paul.kinlan at gmail.com if you don't want to clog this
discussion list up)

The site styling is pretty poor at the moment and I need to POSH it up
and ensure that it promotes the use of uF as well as consuming them.

Kind Regards,
Paul Kinlan