[uf-discuss] Re: Simple solution to abbr-D-P accessibility concerns: 'Title Trigger'

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Aug 17 06:41:32 PDT 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Toby A Inkster wrote:

> Really, microformats.org needs to "bless" one of the many
> replacements for the abbr-design-pattern. I'm sure I'm not the
> only one who's waiting for a clear direction before proceeding.

In the microformats process, solutions as "blessed" by real-world
factors.  In this case, there's testing going on, documented here:

http://microformats.org/wiki/assistive-technology-abbr-results

If you'd like to help do some testing in real screen readers, that
would hasten this process.  But choosing a "solution" without knowing
how well it would actually solve the problem, nor whether it would
introduce new problems, is a bad idea.

Peace,
Scott