[uf-discuss] uF's on stand-alone phone numbers.

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Aug 23 13:01:31 PDT 2007

In message
<84ce626f0708231246q2c577ff9t26ee2f41da6e5d3b at mail.gmail.com>, Charles
Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> writes

>> >I don't know if "fn" and "org" really belong in there.
>>
>> Why would they not?
>>
>> The number is the telephone number of the contact or entity named,
>> identified or labelled as "+43 780 004711".
>
>Just because you can identify someone (or some group) by a phone number
>doesn't make that their "name".

Indeed not; but in the example, given, the phone number is the subject
of the page concerned; the number *is* the name-label of that subject.

Perhaps it would help to consider a row of three, adjacent and otherwise
identical pay-phones, Their *only* distinguishing labels are their
telephone numbers.

--
Andy Mabbett